FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does 1080/50p footage have to be converted to 25fps ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tazeen Bari
Does 1080/50p footage have to be converted to 25fps ?
on Apr 20, 2013 at 12:19:35 pm

Hello

I have shot a music video using the PAL Panasonic tm700 which records 1080/50p. I have been converting the footage with clipwrap to apple pro res to edit in FCP7. My sequence settings in FCP are also set to 50fps

I am working with a lot of footage and and syncing the performances to the main audio track. As this is a tedious job and the speed of motion is important (strumming - hitting drums etc) i am concerned that the frame rate is going to be a problem. Also once the video is done we may need to send it to some local channels so it may need to be converted to 25fps. If i change the frame rate afterwards will it throw everything out of sync?

What is the convention when working with 1080/50p footage?

This is the first time i am editing a music video so input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Does 1080/50p footage have to be converted to 25fps ?
on Apr 20, 2013 at 8:09:11 pm

You will be working in a whole number framerate one way or the other, so you won't be likely to encounter the fractional problems that NTSC editors have to contend with. A broadcaster will eventually want a 25i master, which can be derived from the 50p timeline.

Most valuable piece of advice when working on pop promos, though, is (if you are doing this for pay) to invoice early and often. And then stay on top of the collections.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]