FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes codec & Gamma Correction?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
ProRes codec & Gamma Correction?
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:11:46 pm

When exporting using the ProRes codec, under the codec settings you have the option for Gamma Correction. Should this be set to automatic or none? I've been keeping in on auto but have noticed that my colors aren't matching between Motion and FCP. I've had to export out of motion using the Animation codec but my sequence is ProRes 422. My orange gradients don't look the same. The Animation file is flatter while the ProRes stuff is vibrant. Image below.

OSX 10.7.5 with a 3.39 Ghz Intel Core i7 on a built up Hackintosh
16 GB of RAM with OSX on SSD, (2) internal HDDs RAID'd 1 for project files and External RAID 5 for all project assets (media, GFX, stills, etc.)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: ProRes codec & Gamma Correction?
on Apr 18, 2013 at 3:20:16 pm

Matt,
[Matt Campbell] "the option for Gamma Correction. Should this be set to automatic or none? "
I always leave it Automatic, but you should test both options.
In Motion, are you rendering at 16b?
Do you have QT.7 installed?
rafael

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: ProRes codec & Gamma Correction?
on Apr 18, 2013 at 3:30:28 pm

Yup. 16-bit Float. I've just started using MOTN 5, which I love. MOTN 5 though doesn't let me render to Animation codec, so I've had to use ProRes 4x4, which is fine, or an Image Sequence. Yes to QT 7, which I always use. Hate QT X.

I'll run some tests and see. I've always left to Auto as well, but was just never sure.

OSX 10.7.5 with a 3.39 Ghz Intel Core i7 on a built up Hackintosh
16 GB of RAM with OSX on SSD, (2) internal HDDs RAID'd 1 for project files and External RAID 5 for all project assets (media, GFX, stills, etc.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]