FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlaced Export - Sequence Settings for Image/Text/Master Templates?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Wilson
Interlaced Export - Sequence Settings for Image/Text/Master Templates?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:38:28 pm

I am about to produce a video 10 minute video for use on a Tricaster that will generally be made up of images (jpeg and png), text and a few master templates. Also included will be one or two 15 second clips that have been supplied to me as mp4 h.264.

The Tricaster sends out an interlaced video signal through a composite cable to a screen. The Tricaster recommends using DV PAL Standard Definition video for best results.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best sequence settings to use? Will it just be a case of using the same sequence settings as I plan to export? The size of DV render files is making me think twice about this. I haven't got too much hard drive space ha!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Interlaced Export - Sequence Settings for Image/Text/Master Templates?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 8:27:03 pm

Hi Dave,

Maybe your TC is older and perhaps doesn't support this, but you might try the actual Newtek codecs, see here - http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?119118-NewTek-TriCaster-Codec-Pack-...

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dave Wilson
on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:38:08 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure this applies to what I'm asking.

I need info on what sequence settings I should be using for editing text/images/master templates and then exporting as DV PAL (see original post).

Return to posts index

Kane Peterson
on Apr 22, 2013 at 1:30:43 am

Can you tell us what model TriCaster you have? That would help to know.

As for the file size, a safe all around format to use on TriCaster is MPEG-2. Otherwise, as Ryan mentions, we have a codec called SpeedHQ that you can use (the codecs he was referring to). These file will be larger than your typical MPEG-2, but they are easy to create and support alpha channel. However, you need to be using a TriCaster XD system to use them (ie a TriCaster that can work in HD video modes).

Kane

Return to posts index

Dave Wilson
on Apr 22, 2013 at 12:06:23 pm

Kane,

Thank you for your reply. As I explained to Jeff, I am not looking for an answer on what file format I should be using on the Tricaster (TC100), but what sequence settings I should be using in Final Cut Pro - all this based on the fact I am using images/text/master templates and I will be exporting as DV PAL Anamorphic.

Return to posts index

Kane Peterson
on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:07:58 pm

I don't know FCP that well. But if PAL is your final output, then it should be PAL, upper/odd/top field. Frame size of 720x576 @ 25 fps.

I think all of those should be the defaults of a PAL project type.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]