FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green horizonal lines

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy McDermott
Green horizonal lines
on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:35:10 pm

Hi,
I'm getting some horrible green horizonal lines on the cut between 2 clips on an export.

I cant see it when I watch it in FCP, or when I step through frame by frame.
I am thinking this is something to do with fields? But I'm not sure how to fix it - anyone know?

The problem is that the drive of original media has been taken abroad, so I am trying to do it with a series of exports I have. Not the best way I know, but the only way that is possible in the time available.

The 2 clips are both movs, both at Avid DNxHD codec. Both Upper (Odd) Field dominance.

Even when I export them together into one sequence, then take the clip into a new sequence, cut out the frame where the flash is, when I export again, its back! It knows there is some kind of difference between them...

It would understand it if they were different resolutions...

Any ideas guys?

Thanks so much, L

Final Cut 7 on Mac OSX 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Green horizonal lines
on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:44:40 pm

DNxHD isn't an FCP codec. It's an Avid one. I had issues exporting if there was an edit of any kind in the clip. Only solution was to do the edit in Avid, then export the clip for FCP.

I had to bring it into FCP because, at the time, only FCP did multi-channel QT exports (8 embedded audio layers). Avid did not.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]