FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difference Between OSX and PC, FCP7 or FCP X ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Richard
Difference Between OSX and PC, FCP7 or FCP X ?
on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:13:55 pm

So I have never used FCP on a PC, I know they are supposed to be identical, however this is a teaching environment and any surprise's I would like to be somewhat prepared for.
Thanks all,
Craig

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Difference Between OSX and PC, FCP7 or FCP X ?
on Apr 15, 2013 at 11:39:22 pm

FCP...be it FCP-X, or FCP 7, 6, 5 and so on...ONLY work on Macs. There is no Windows version of this software.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:50:29 pm

It's an Apple product designed and made for an Apple platform. |
They never made (and probably never will make) a PC version.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on Apr 17, 2013 at 9:00:03 pm

Like the others said, there is no such thing as Final Cut for Windows (or Linux, Unix...). If it is really FCP and is really running on a computer that is not made by Apple, it's running on a Hackintosh, a PC tweeked to run Mac OS.

Be very wary if this is indeed the situation you'll be facing. I've worked on one rock-solid Hackintosh system that was very impressive, even compared to a real MacPro. The other ones I've seen were quite unstable and in no shape to run FCP reliably.

The software would be exactly the same and operate in the same manner exactly. Before it bugs, that is. The possible operational difference would be the keyboard being mislabelled in the Cntrl-Alt-Option area. On another note, a Hackintosh is legally dubious, especially in a teaching environment. At least one EULA is being violated.

IHTH

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]