FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cuts and Special Effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew spano
Cuts and Special Effects
on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:47:27 pm

Two Questions - The video I'm referencing is posted below. (Vid has strong language)

1. Why does my video show cuts? You can clearly see a brief flash of black when the scene cuts to a new one (between 1:55-2:16) This is apparent throughout the video. I've checked the timeline and all clips are neatly placed next to each other with no gaps.

2. When using a splatter blood effect (8:16 - the one on the wall) it seems I can't suspend a moment in time and have it linger. For example; The splatter animation is about 5 seconds long. At the 5 second mark when the effect is fully realized I'd like to have remain on the wall as if the splatter is permanent. However, the effect will not allow me to prolong the duration or anything. It just disappears. I'm then forced to copy and paste multiple effects and you can clearly see the cuts as they flash because they are copy and pasted over and over from 8:16-8:21. Is there any way to remedy this?

Thanks for advice.

Video -

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Cuts and Special Effects
on Apr 12, 2013 at 8:01:42 pm

To keep the spatter on the wall, find the last good frame, then go modify>make freeze frame, set the duration you need in the viewer window, top left. Drag and drop tot he timeline or otherwise match-frame it to the last live frame on the timeline.

Can't answer your first question on the black frames, this could either be user error in how you're making the cuts, or an encoding problem when the sudden new frame comes up.

Your bigger problem though, is you play COD and not the much superior Battlefield:-)

Return to posts index

andrew spano
on Apr 12, 2013 at 8:20:25 pm

lol. Thanks man. I will eventually work my way to battlefield as soon as they get a Zombie mode :P

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:19:19 pm

i haven't watched the video,

but black holes between every cut suggests that you edited in a sequence with one frame rate,
than copy / pasted your edit into a sequence with a different frame rate.

or did you change the frame rate on output?

nick

Return to posts index

andrew spano
on Apr 13, 2013 at 5:14:00 am

I did not change the frame rate. I placed the video in the previewer, marked an in and out point, and simply draged it to the timeline. I did that over and over. Snapped each clip next to the previous clip. For some reason there are black holes between every cut.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 14, 2013 at 6:24:03 am

so how are you exporting?

to minimise problems, the rock-solid approach is to export as a QuickTime move, same settings, self contained.
then run that though compressor.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]