FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X; Imported Clips Disorganized

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Pniewski
FCP X; Imported Clips Disorganized
on Apr 11, 2013 at 7:33:19 pm

Hey, so I am trying to be really patient with FCP X (I've been using FCP 5 for years). . .

I have imported a ten minute piece that was completely edited and polished about ten years ago. Need to make a couple of minor tweaks. I was expecting the piece to come in as one self-contained file.

In my event browser, instead of having it look like one file (like you would have seen in earlier FCP imports), this has broken it down into clips and have resorted them beyond recognition.

I'm sorry, FCP, I don't want to re-edit the whole piece; I wanted to put the self-contained program into the timeline and make a couple of slight razor-bladed edits.

I have gone in and requested the files be sorted by import date (today), but they haven't moved. Two shots from the end of the program are first, then a clip from the beginning, then four from the middle. . .it's a mess.

What can I do? Should I have set some kind of preference before I imported?

Thanks so much ~

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: FCP X; Imported Clips Disorganized
on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:26:18 am

This would appear to be a Final Cut X problem. This forum is for " your dad's Final Cut" 1-7).

There is a FCX forum, which likely would get you some more immediate and rich response...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Naslund
Re: FCP X; Imported Clips Disorganized
on Feb 10, 2014 at 9:41:32 am

I have the same problem - did you get an answer?

Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]