FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few FCP 7.0 questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Fontana
A few FCP 7.0 questions
on Apr 11, 2013 at 1:33:56 am

Ok.. I know these will probably seems simple but my brain is hurting right about now. I have two little problems I'm dealing with and I'm hoping someone can help. My current setup is a MacBook pro running OSX 10.8.2 FCP 7.0 and Quicktime 10.2

Problem 1

I am trying to export a timeline that is cut in split track. Ch1 has VO. Ch2 has BG. Simple. When I export said file the audio is mixed when I play it in quicktime. In the sequence settings I have discreet channels selected and audio outputs selected as dual Mono. Is this quicktime not being able to split the audio as exported or do I have a setting wrong?

Problem 2

The footage that I am cutting is DVCPro HD 18060i from a P2 card. I can ingest and edit fine. When I export the timeline using "Quicktime movie" and leave everything in the default setting, including not selecting " Make movie self contained" I cannot see it or hear it when playing it back using quicktime 10.2. If I open inspector all the correct info is there but there is no picture or sound, just a black window. Any ideas???

Any help that I could get here would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Mario

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: A few FCP 7.0 questions
on Apr 11, 2013 at 2:12:09 am

[Mario Fontana] "My current setup is a MacBook pro running OSX 10.8.2 FCP 7.0 and Quicktime 10.2"
Install QT.7 too.

[Mario Fontana] "I am trying to export a timeline that is cut in split track. Ch1 has VO. Ch2 has BG. Simple. When I export said file the audio is mixed when I play it in quicktime. In the sequence settings I have discreet channels selected and audio outputs selected as dual Mono. Is this quicktime not being able to split the audio as exported or do I have a setting wrong?"
You need to pan both channel, one full left and the other full right, otherwise the will mix.
rafael

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 11, 2013 at 3:38:33 am

[Rafael Amador] "You need to pan both channel, one full left and the other full right, otherwise the will mix.
rafael
"

panning is not such good a way to do this.
in general it is much better to establish discrete audio outputs, (in sequence settings, audio outputs tab)
then point each audio track to the desired output.

i think this is what the OP is doing.

nick

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:45:32 am

[Nick Meyers] "panning is not such good a way to do this.
in general it is much better to establish discrete audio outputs, (in sequence settings, audio outputs tab)
then point each audio track to the desired output."

You are absolutely right.
I missed the point again (more and more often lately).
rafael

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 11, 2013 at 2:16:50 am

"outputs selected as dual Mono. Is this quicktime not being able to split the audio as exported or do I have a setting wrong?"

QT is playing the files as MONO, so they both come out the centre.
QT 10 is pretty useless for most things video editors need, use QT7

in QT 10 you can at least open the info window (Apple i) and see if you have separate mono tracks

in QT7 you can open the Properties window (Apple J)
you should see that there are two mono tracks
you also might be able to un-enable some to listen to them individually

"including not selecting " Make movie self contained" I cannot see it or hear it when playing"

weird!
try self contained.
do a small section as a test
maybe your QT10 is not seeing / accessing the DVCPro codecs.
i havent had to deal with that, so cant advise

nick

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:46:00 am

ah, i see he only has 1 channel of VO and 1 of BG.
in that case, i guess panning is ok.

i dont like panning as a solution because if i have stereo clips, i have to un-stereo them,
which is easy to do, and harder to un-do.

it also limits me to 2 outputs only.
i am generally using this function to provide guide tracks to sound teams,
so i need dialogue, effects, and music to be separate.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]