Need Advice about best Mac to do Final Cut Pro please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maria scuderi
Need Advice about best Mac to do Final Cut Pro please
on Apr 9, 2013 at 3:00:47 pm

Hello
I have done some Mac comparing on the Mac store and am so confused

If there are any Mac, (real Living) Pros out there that can help me I would be so very greatful.

my choices are these three and I dont understand all the tec and specs given.

27-inch iMacs
27-inch
$1,699.00

Mac Pro
Quad-Core
$2,299.00

Here is a link to the comparisons:
http://store.apple.com/us_edu_48716/.../mac?page=mac#

My questions is what will be best as far as the processor, optical drive and graphics for the price and for storing and editing thousands music, photos and video?
I do a lot of work with PhotoShop and Final Cut Pro. Im not a Professional just a creative artist that likes to play, make short documentaries and a lot of photo sharing.

I have a Mac book Pro 2.66 GHz INtel Core i7 with 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory.
however I have no idea what that means.
I know how to do fancy thing on it but I never learned about the inner workings of my laptop.
It has been good to me yet now is very slow to repsond, crashes on me and the screen is too small.
Thank you for reading and for any advice you can give me!
Maria

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Need Advice about best Mac to do Final Cut Pro please
on Apr 9, 2013 at 3:55:43 pm

Since you don't seem to be in dire need of a new machine, I'd recommend waiting to buy any new Mac. Supposedly a new Mac Pro (or something else to replace it) is going to be released for Creatives/Pros within 2013. The current Mac Pro was outdated when it was released but the current "high end" iMac seems to be pretty well regarded.

I'd recommend grabbing a new small SSD, like 128GB at least and do a clean install of your OS and Apps. Use an external drive or the OWC Data Doubler for your media drive. Low cost upgrade, make your system a bit snappier and it'll give you something to play with in the mean time. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]