FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to import a clip with a differnet aspect ratio from that of the sequence without needing to render?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Clancy
How to import a clip with a differnet aspect ratio from that of the sequence without needing to render?
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:22:39 pm

I'm creating a flash game review series. However, the issue that comes into play is that the aspect ratio of the games vary greatly because there is no standard for these games to follow.

So I want to keep my sequences at 1920 x 1080 and then import the footage from the gameplay on top of a textured background that can be used behind all the videos, regardless of their dimensions. For example, the first clilp I'm working with is 638 x 482. For some reason I'm missing (or maybe it's not possible?), it requires me to render out the footage in the timeline before viewing it (since I choose not to change the sequence settings to match the clips).

The clips as well as the sequence have no field dominance and are at 29.97 frames per second. They are both also at AppleProRes 422 LT. (The original footage from the games was recorded in AppleProRes 422 LT at 30 f/s, but I converted in MPEG Streamclip to match the sequence at 29.97.)

Anybody have an idea of a setting I might be missing? Their infos all look identical aside from the dimensions.

Any insight would be very helpful. Thanks!

John

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: How to import a clip with a differnet aspect ratio from that of the sequence without needing to render?
on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:10:53 pm

John,
Whenever there is something in the sequence that do not match the sequence settings needs to be rendered. However you should be able to play your time-line in real time without rendering.
You may need to tweak the RT options.
rafael

Return to posts index

John Clancy
Re: How to import a clip with a differnet aspect ratio from that of the sequence without needing to render?
on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:45:04 pm

Thank you! That should work great. Final video is about a minute, so being able to play back was the real issue. I'll check out the RT options when I'm back at the computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]