FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Renders from Color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Hargrave
Missing Renders from Color
on Apr 7, 2013 at 4:27:03 am

So I might be missing something pretty obvious here but I am running into a confusing problem. I opened a project I haven't touched for months and some of the render files from Color have gone missing, causing some parts of my master sequence to go offline. It seems to be completely random which files went offline and which were unaffected. Some clips are even fine at different parts of the timeline but offline in others. I also can't just go back to the originals since it is all linked to Color. Some of them even say offline but play fine until I make any changes at which point they go offline. All I want to do is change a logo bug that is throughout the show which should take 30 seconds but it is turning into a nightmare if I have to go recut all these offline files from the original footage. Any help or a workaround idea would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Missing Renders from Color
on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:44:20 pm

What about opening the Color project and sending again to FC?
rafael

Return to posts index

Matt Hargrave
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:14:32 am

Unfortunately a previous employee did the color correction and I can't locate the project.

Return to posts index

Matt Hargrave
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:56:55 am

I actually found a previous version of the FCP project so while I will have to re-color correct and re-edit some stuff at least it's a time feasible workaround.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 8, 2013 at 5:02:11 am

No old copies in the Autosave Vault?
rafael

Return to posts index

Matt Hargrave
on Apr 8, 2013 at 6:11:20 am

Surprisingly no.

Return to posts index