FORUMS: list search recent posts

minute scrubbing of timeline WHILE working in the Viewer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
finbar taub
minute scrubbing of timeline WHILE working in the Viewer
on Apr 5, 2013 at 7:27:41 pm

So, i do a great deal of text in my editing of musical artists - tabbing out what they are playing. So, I am always in the viewer adding Tablature, then clicking back to the timeline to see the next note (a few frames or such), then I have to click back to the Viewer to add more tablature, then back to the timeline, etc. So, i know there is a hotkey to choose between having the viewer or timeline active, but that doesn't work for me.

Is there any way I can (maybe with a peripheral device like a jog wheel?) be typing in the viewer, but also then be able to move the timeline ahead as slow as I want to, without clicking in the window?

To clarify a bit more, if im in the viewer typing text, then hit the typical timeline moving keys, like space bar, or arrows, etc - those keys will effect what is in the viewer, not the timeline. So, i need a dedicated set of keys or something that will always effect the timeline, no matter what window is active.

My set up is that I use a trackball with my right hand, and keyboard with my left.

Thanks so much in advance for replies or any help I can get.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: minute scrubbing of timeline WHILE working in the Viewer
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:51:12 pm

Hmm, this seems like something that might work with Speakable Items... voice commands?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: minute scrubbing of timeline WHILE working in the Viewer
on Apr 7, 2013 at 3:49:58 am

when i have a text generator open in the viewer and hit space bar (or use JKL), the timeline plays
but are you adding a new text generator every few frames?

ok, guess i don't know what you meant by Tablature, or exactly how you are working.
is it another video clip you have in the viewer?

i wonder if GANGING is the answer for you.

when you set the Playhead Sync Menu (middle pull-down menu top of Viewer or Canvas) set to Gang viewer and canvas follow each other.

it;s a stop/start thing if you PLAY, but stepping through frame-bt frame, they both move together.

of course going up to the menu to turn GANG on & off all the time would not be efficient.

i use custom key commands (option H to open the customise window)
Control + number pad = for SYNC
Control + number pad "Clear" for OFF

"So, i know there is a hotkey to choose between having the viewer or timeline active, but that doesn't work for me."

in what way?

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]