FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moire?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico Lappano
Moire?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 7:41:22 pm

Has anyone heard anything recently about a way to fix 7D Moire issues in FCP?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Moire?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 8:15:32 pm

No, but have you tried anything yet, filters or plugs?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 3, 2013 at 8:30:37 pm

Sorry, but moire issues are recorded that way. They're in the footage. You can reduce the effect by isolating the area where the moire pattern appears, and applying a bit of blur.

Since a camera rarely holds still, this would be something that you would want to fix in an application like Motion or After Effects. With them, you have capability of motion tracking, to make your moire reduction efforts less painful.
Please note: I didn't say, "painless". I said "less painful".

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 3, 2013 at 8:50:47 pm

There may be things you can do in a color corrector by playing with just one channel at a time and blurring there.... This should have been visible when it was being shot, assuming a decent monitor.

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
on Apr 3, 2013 at 8:54:05 pm

I appreciate your feedback. So far, I've generally had to stay away from including sections of footage where it occurs. Haven't used Motion enough yet to utilize it as a goto app, but would love to see a step by step tutorial on using it to help with issues such as this and for smoothcam.

Monitoring from my 7D screen, sometimes, it seems to occur when I don't expect it at all outside of those clear stripes, like certain rocks, buildings, vegetation...

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Apr 3, 2013 at 10:05:46 pm

Photoshop Lightroom has a moire brush. If it's a small, isolated clip you could export that clip as an image sequence, deal with the images in a photo app, then bring the corrected image sequence back into your nle (probably as a video clip). LR does have batch processing with brush tools, so if it's in the same area the entire time it wouldn't be too bad, but being a photo application there's no keyframing engine to change an effect over several clips.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:43:04 am

Try the "Marvel Moire Filter". Designed for the Canon.
Free here: http://colorbyjorg.wordpress.com/plugins/
rafael

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 4, 2013 at 11:34:01 pm

Hadn't see that one before,
thanks, Rafael.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved