FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost Media... Can I save this with a render file!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Lost Media... Can I save this with a render file!?
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:47:33 am

Ok guys... I think this is an interesting one.

I had a hard drive crash, and I lost some files. I actually paid the guys over at drive crash to do a recovery for me, and I have to tell you they did a great job. (This is not intended to be an ad, but I am grateful).

I have maybe 15 sequences out of 150 that are missing some clips. The interesting thing is that while I've lost the actual clip, I still have the video render files, which seem to function as a movie file.

I CANT rename the render file to be the same as the missing clip and reconnect it. That doesn't work. I CAN pull it up in the viewer and see the entire damn piece of footage that I'm missing though. If I could only apply my in and out points from the sequence to this render file, I would have the video that I need. I still have the audio, so that's not an issue. All i need is the actual video file to be broken up the same way that I broke up the clip that created it.

Do you guys have any ideas for me?

In other sequences, it would seem that the situation is similar. I have the render files, but no video. However, even when I try to reconect media, it shows that I'm missing render files, but when I click "connect", it doesn't give me the option to add render files.

Even if I did, I don't think that it would resurrect the footage.

Sometimes, even in sequences where clips are missing, it will still play the video, I'm guessing because it's running off of a render file. In other situations, that's just not the case.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for all of your time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]