FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX crashing and I haven't found a SINGLE person with the same issue, Danny Greer at Premiumbeat sent me here!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Peterson
FCPX crashing and I haven't found a SINGLE person with the same issue, Danny Greer at Premiumbeat sent me here!
on Apr 1, 2013 at 7:42:38 pm

As the subject states, I was working with the Danny Greer at Premiumbeat as they write great tutorials etc, and after reading everything about everything when it comes to FCPX crashing not even they could offer a solution as they have never heard of the problem.

Below is my original email to Danny who suggested I put it on this forum as someone has GOT to have the same problem as I do.

Hello,

I have read EVERY SINGLE article you have about final cut pro X crashing and NOTHING has fixed my problem. You're articles seem to be the most informative so I thought I would ask you guys. I also, haven't ran into ANYONE else that has my exact problem. I am seriously at my breaking point and about ready to break my laptop in half and switch to a PC with Adobe.... I am literally going insane!!!

Late 2008 Macbook Pro, 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo, 8GB ram, Lion 10.7.5 with FCPX 10.7

Every time I open it and do anything, and I mean anything, it goes to the wheel of death and crashes my entire computer. If I force quit and reopen it just says my disks are in use and need to be re mounted, if I try to eject and remount disks it goes to grey screen, if I try to restart it goes to grey screen, the ONLY way to even use the computer is a hard restart. Once I restart and open FCPX it just goes right to the spinning wheel of death.

Again, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING IN EVERY ARTICLE YOU HAVE WRITTEN along with erasing and reformatting my drives (internal & external) reloading FCPX and my OS. Trash preferences, media manager blah blah blah I have tried it all WITH ZERO results....

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCPX crashing and I haven't found a SINGLE person with the same issue, Danny Greer at Premiumbeat sent me here!
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:08:19 pm

Wrong forum. THis is for those of us who can't let go of FCP Legacy (1-7). If you want knowledgable FCX people...go here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Aaron Peterson
Re: FCPX crashing and I haven't found a SINGLE person with the same issue, Danny Greer at Premiumbeat sent me here!
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:27:50 pm

Sorry just realized that, thanks for the heads up.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:17:07 pm

I have had this happen to me in FCP 7. I found my "c" or system drive had too much gak in it, you need enough free space in the system drive for the OS and FCP app to run, approximately 25% I will say, just to throw out a number, or at least 12 gigs free.

When I had less than 7 gigs left un-used in my system drive, the RAID would start to lock up as you describe. i would have to force quit FCP, reboot the computer, run disk utility on the raid and repair minor damage, then re-launch FCP7 and everything would run fine again. All was as you described for FCPX. So maybe this procedure would help you, but I can't say for certain, not knowing X well.

My take on this is, a system drive without enough room to throw stuff around creates I/O errors feeding the RAID that has your actual footage and project files. Do a spring cleaning on your system drive, recover several gigs of room there, and let us know if this helped or not.

Return to posts index

Aaron Peterson
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:27:02 pm

Hello, thanks!

I also realize that I am on the wrong forum so sorry about that.

All though your comment is correct and I have had a similar issue when running 7, I currently have a 320GB system "C" drive and am only using 22GB of it. PLENTY of room for FCPX to run and that is ALL that's on this computer. I also have ran the repair utilities and reformatted ALL of my drives without much luck.

I haven't found ANYONE that has had such bad luck with this software.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:05:15 pm

Well, what was going on the last time everything was good? What changed?

Return to posts index

Aaron Peterson
on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:23:48 pm

Nothing, it just started happening and that is when I started changing things to try and fix it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]