FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro question.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony anderson
DVD Studio Pro question.
on Mar 31, 2013 at 10:15:29 pm

I am a self - taught shooter and editor. To this point I have learned and produced extensively first play DVDs. No menus No Chapters. I am trying to improve my product and had a request that I have yet to figure out how to do watching all the great tutorials available. Here is what the client would like me to produce.

A 15 to 20 second intro of a wedding that plays and then stops on a picture they have picked out which will have the menu. The menu will have the options of wedding or reception and possibly photos. If a selection is not made within a specified amount of time they would like it to again play thru the intro. I have seen this on DVDs I have purchased, they continue to cycle this way until a selection is made

Can you advise how or steer me to something that will?

Thanks
Tony

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: DVD Studio Pro question.
on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:07:07 am

seems like a small movie with a freeze frame on the end needs to be created,
then use that as the menu bg.

nick

Return to posts index

tony anderson
on Apr 1, 2013 at 12:55:14 pm

I think I understand the freeze frame suggestion. I use that to create jpegs from video. I guess I would just select, create freeze frame specify a time for it to last before it would endjump back to the beginning of the intro. That sound right.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:28:43 pm

no, i am suggesting a simpler solution, no trickery in DVDSP required.

create a small move in FCP with a freeze frame at the end. (shift n creates a freeze frame in FCP)
export it,
then that whole movie, looping, is your menu background.
i think that would work.

nick

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 1, 2013 at 1:37:09 am

You can create this in Motion.

Look at the Templates that are included with FCS.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

tony anderson
on Apr 1, 2013 at 12:48:48 pm

Guys, I greatly appreciate your repsponses. As I said I am a self-taught editor with most of my little experience in Final Cut 7 and DVD Studio Pro. Motion I have never been in. I could use a little more information.

Thanks,

Tony

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:06:42 pm

Make your "Intro" clip as a First Play video track.

The "Intro" clip should end on a still of the photo

Create a .tif of the end frame of the "Intro" clip in FCP

With the "Intro" track selected got to "End Jump in the inspector, select Menu 1

Use that .tif as the background behind menu 1, add navigation buttons

With Menu 1 selected go the General Tab in the Inspector

"At End" select "Timeout" and the desired length you want it to hold on the menu, example 20sec

"Action" select your "Intro" track to play again

This should give you the looping video and menu you need.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:36:49 pm

This can all be done in the standard DVDSP 4 interface. I will try to walk you thru it. The stuff you're wanting to happen is programmed in this pane, which you get to by double-clicking the menu icon inthe graphical view:

You build the file first in final cut, and you can pre-build your still with music in there if you like, might simplify things for you, but it isn't strictly necessary. Drag that MOV file into the DVDSP graphical view and lay it on the picon tile that says "Menu". You will get the window you see above. The first window is where the video clip for the menu starts, you can adjust this to happen anywhere in the MOV file you imported. The loop point is where your client wants to loop back to start, the end is where your freeze happens.

Se the "At End: " button? There is your choice to loop, time-out, or go to a still you select, and for how long. The "timeout" action can be set to go back to the menu again, or to loop one particular track over and over. Plug in your footage, hit the "simulate" button a few times, and adjust the little sliders until it is working for you the way you want it to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]