FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sudden opacity issue - distorted image

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yama Rose
Sudden opacity issue - distorted image
on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:46:47 am

Hello creative cows!
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm having issues with some layered images in FCP which I haven't had until today. The second layer images, which are at reduced opacity (30%) are now distorted and displaying a ton of vertical lines. I tested to see if this was a problem with the layers and moved the clips over to v1 at the end of my timeline. When at 100% opacity they are fine, it's only when I modify the opacity that the feedback shows up. This has never happened to me, and I think I somehow created the issue while trying to work around a Trim Operation error that I had been getting while trying to change the speed of a nested clip in my timeline. A helpful fellow on a creative cow thread suggested clicking F and Apple J to change the speed. I ended up not being able to trim the clip using his suggestion and just moved the clip to the end of my timeline and changed speed there. Not sure if this has anything to do with my current predicament but immediately afterward while reviewing another clip I noticed the issue. Please help! The original files are fine.
I attached a screenshot of the problem. Never seen it before and couldn't find a similar issue around here. Tried rendering with no success.

5744_screenshot20130329at8.33.40pm.png.zip

Return to posts index

Yama Rose
Re: Sudden opacity issue - distorted image
on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:49:38 am

By the way - there are no filters on the image. Thanks so much for the help in advance.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 30, 2013 at 9:33:55 am

What kind of footage are you working with?
Rafael

Return to posts index

Yama Rose
on Mar 30, 2013 at 1:52:13 pm

Hi Rafael,
I'm working with 16mm and mini DV. The opacity issues are with both.
Thanks,

Return to posts index

Farzad Farzaneh
on Jun 6, 2013 at 8:18:42 am

Hello! I also have problems when adjusting opacity. I work with prores 4444-files in final cut 7
For me it totally flips when I try to change the opacity: the image is separated and the colors become green and magenta.

Did you come to a solution with your problem?

Best, F

Return to posts index

Yama Rose
on Jul 18, 2013 at 11:26:18 pm

I'm so sorry about the long delay in responding to you. It turns out that my issue was related to how long/hard my hard drive had been running, ad a quick reboot/moment of rest restored any image quality issues. I was also experiencing a lot of dropped frames. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Farzad Farzaneh
on Aug 17, 2013 at 9:13:10 pm

Thanks! I'll try that next time. Best, F

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]