FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP / RED Epic issue with re-linking to clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dace Willmott
FCP / RED Epic issue with re-linking to clips
on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:52:41 pm

I'm having an issue with re-linking back to original RED Epic footage. Here's my situation:

I have a project that was originally shot in 48fps. I created Apple Pro Res 422 quicktimes to edit with in FCP7. When the client saw the edit they realized that the slow motion is a little too slow for them and decided that they would rather have it play 23.98 - giving it a more natural speed, rather than a little slowed down. I then used the 48fps quicktimes and edited them into a 23.98 fps time based sequence in Final Cut. This went fine and I was able to edit the project. The issue comes when I try to import my XML from that sequence back into RedCine X and re-link it to the original RED Raw 5k files. I need to go back to the original files because I have quite a few sizing changes and rotations I did while editing. When I import my XML into RedCine X some of the clips match the sizing/rotating changes, but then others are completely off in regards to the correct section of the clips from the edit. I'm not sure where the issue is. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: this might be helpful but the resolution of the project is 2400 x 1800 (4:3). The reason for the unusual dimensions is its going to be a full screen video for a web site that plays in the background. I'm sure it'll be squeezed down, but wanted to give them something a little higher than 1080.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]