FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 7D from final cut express hd- Bad quality

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hutchins
Exporting 7D from final cut express hd- Bad quality
on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:05:32 pm

Hi

I have 7d footage which I'm trying to export from Final cut express and when I do it loses quality and comes out a little pixelated.

The video is 1920 x 1080, 25 fps, in 'Get Info' it tells me Codecs: H.264, Linear PCM. The total bit rate is 46,000- 47,000.

In Final Cut the easy set up for the project is HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i50.

Then I export it at Compression Type: H.264. Keyframes every 25 fr. Encoding: Best Quality.

And export Dimensions: 1280x720 HD

What am I doing wrong?

Please Help I need to sort this ASAP.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting 7D from final cut express hd- Bad quality
on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:50:13 pm

Hi Simon,
FCE converts all the stuff to AIC, which is a very compressed codec.
There is not much you can do to improve the quality due to the high compression.
rafael

Return to posts index

Simon Hutchins
on Mar 29, 2013 at 2:52:24 pm

Hi rafael

There is a very distinctive loss in quality i'll upload a clip onto vimeo so you can see. Your suggesting that 7d footage can't be rendered out just to look normal hd because mine certainly doesn't look average hd and I've exported 5d that looks better quality so there must be something going wrong?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 29, 2013 at 3:09:12 pm

Sorry, i thought you were getting bad quality on your AIC master from FCE.

When making your H264, set alway "Key-frames: AUTO", so the application will put the optimal number of Key-frames. A key-frame every 25 frames, as you have set, is is very little to keep to keep some quality.
Select "Multipass', and set the data rate as high as possible.
rafael

Return to posts index

Simon Hutchins
on Mar 29, 2013 at 3:40:28 pm

ok i'll try auto and see if taking bit rate per sec off automatic and putting in a number between 50,000 and 90,000 makes a difference, heres a link to the clip where you can see static fuzzy stuff going on the back of the car and becomes more obvious once graded.....https://vimeo.com/62941777

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 29, 2013 at 6:13:27 pm

[Simon Hutchins] "d putting in a number between 50,000 and 90,000 makes a difference,"
That's a huge data rate.
Bluray is around 35.000Kbps.
rafael

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
on Mar 31, 2013 at 3:39:01 pm

Is that "static fuzzy" not there in FCE when you edit it? Does FCE not have a function to export current settings? In FCP7 you have the choice to do a quicktime conversion or just export with current settings. I find it best to export current settings and then transcode it from that for whatever purpose I need the video for.

Return to posts index

Simon Hutchins
on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:49:43 am

Hi there I've actually moved to premiere pro and just to be certain I've set up a project dslr 1050 25 fr and if i export at h.264 and from premiere pro once iv finished my edit, it comes out as an mpeg4, is this right and i'm not 100% certain if it comes out best quality with these settings? Also just to comfirm I don't need to convert the footage into something before editing in pro?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]