FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos,video and frame rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Boëls
Photos,video and frame rate
on Mar 28, 2013 at 4:16:27 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm a photographer and working more and more with multimedia. My question is related to frame rate and converting.

I'm wandering what best frame rate would be if I use only pictures in the multimedia and what it would be when mix with video especially with DSLR cameras? Let say aprox. 50 % of both. And what would be the best format to get to the best quality possible for both photos and videos? if there is any! I saw in few discussion people saying that you should convert to various different formats and see which one look best. But I found difficult the reasoning since I may have to use other computers or systems where the final product may look totally different that on my own screen.
Thanks ahead for any advices!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Photos,video and frame rate
on Mar 28, 2013 at 4:59:34 pm

If you mix video and photos...the frame rate to edit to would be the frame rate you shot. If you do photos only...well, it's up to you. It's all dependent on where they will end up. DVD? 29.97 is what they run at. Web? It can be anything.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Olivier Boëls
on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:27:24 pm

Hey Shane,
Thanks for your answer. So far I have use 29.97 but sometimes I find that when i had motions to images is not always very smooth especially when there is long distance to move, for vertical pictures for instance.So I thought that could come from the frame rate! Also as much as I can , I convert to format that i can show from computer rather then from a dvd. I found that DVD lower a lot the sharpness and the quality in general of the images.
Cheers

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 28, 2013 at 6:10:29 pm

The higher the frame rate, the better. That's a rule of thumb.
The only reason to shoot lower frame rates are economic, technical or esthetic.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]