FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Attribute Mismatch reconnecting media in FC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joaquín Mateo Morales
File Attribute Mismatch reconnecting media in FC
on Mar 27, 2013 at 5:37:19 pm

The original problem:

Working in Final Cut 7, I lost the media of a project due to a hard disk error, consequently I had to recaptured the media. I did so doing the following:

1- I created a new sequence using media manager and recapture the media from the tapes in a new external hard disk.

2- Issue: some of the clips were captured with the name: untitled (different numbers), because I could not capture them simply using the original logged clips. When I open the new project it has clips with media offline and new clips untitled.

3- When trying to relink media directly from the sequence (from the new project created in media manager and “Locating” the clip following the path to the Capture folder) a window with this message appear:

Window 1:

File Attribute Mismatch

Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen
do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause
problems within the sequences that are dependent on them.
The attributes that differed are as follows:

- Media start and End

Would you like to try to connect them again?

Then if I tried to connect, then this another window appear:

Window 2:

One or more files not have enough media
to reconnect some clips. Some edited clip items have had
their out point adjusted.

It eventually reconnects, some clips ok, but most of the times the original clip in the sequence is cropped (I get the media in the sequence, but only part of it). Not need to say that this solution is not under consideration!!

When I try to relink media from the Master clips this Windows pops up:

Window 3:

+"The file does not have proper content to reconnect to "(clip name)" at time (timecode) in sequence "(sequence name".+
+Click "OK" to make this item independent and go to the next clip or "Cancel" to skip all clips from this file."+

When I click "OK" (which I have to do several times because it does not work normally the First time),

POSIBLE SOLUTIONS CHECKED:

1-
I have found in Apple foro that someone has had a similar problema himself:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2626081?start=0&tstart=0

but :
1- I am not sure if it applies to my problem.
2- To tell the truth I really can not understand this suggestion because my media clips are already .mov!!

Any other clue, commens suggestions?
I would really appreciete any help.

2-
I picked a random sample of a clip(from those which reliked croped) and those are the resoluts:
- sequence duration 00:00:03:20
- cropped duration (alter relinked/reconnected) 00:00:01:23

That makes a difference of: 00:00:01:22

- Media clip duration from the capture folder is (00):00:03(00).

It has not sense FC only capture 1:23 if the original video is 03:00 long!!

Any sugestión here??
Thanks a lot!!

jey

Return to posts index

James Vincent
Re: File Attribute Mismatch reconnecting media in FC
on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:15:31 am

Yeah I have had the error before on many shows the path i have had taken is to reconnect them one by one to eliminate the bad ones that are saying that there is not enough to re-edit in. then stick of of those in a bin and basically recapture them by doing a capture now and changing your pre-roll and post roll to the minimum which is 1 sec so you basically capture the clip slightly longer then it is and figure out the timecodes and set in and out point and put them in the edit. It stinks but i have had that issue with many formats, dv, dvcprohd, hdcam, etc

thats your work around it stinks but thats how i have been doing it on many shows and it always works

james

40tb Xsan

Return to posts index

James Vincent
on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:20:22 am

what i have found out is that ingesting bites slightly differently sometimes so yeah first connect all the clips that don't have issues then start doing your clips that do have issues.. you never want to see thats screen

http://i1.creativecow.net/u/116336/window2.png

it will do much more damage then you think with your edit

but that is just from personal experience

40tb Xsan

Return to posts index

Joaquín Mateo Morales
on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:30:16 pm

James, thank you very much for your advine! As long as I could solve it is ok!
But I have a question about the procedure.

You say I will have to figure out the timecodes. In order to do that I had thought about helping me out with the corrupted ones. I will explain:

1- I recapture those clips that are ok
2- I recaptured those which are not ok. They will fit just all right in the in point and keep shorter leaving an empty space in the timeline.
3- I will stick the bad ones in a bin and recaptured them all changing their pre-roll.
4- Then, I visually will match the in and deduce the out point (from the empty space in the timeline) comparing the bad ones from the point -2- to the ones from the point -3-.

My question is: coul I recaptured the bad clips twice? One time for the point 2 and the other one for part 3 of the process? Considering I will put them all in a new bin befote recapturing in the point -3- ?

Thank a lot for your help.

Sincerely

Joaquín Mateo

jey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]