FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to export the multicam window?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bryantstanton
Possible to export the multicam window?
on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:39:05 pm

I'm working on a short documentary piece. My client would like to essentially see what the multicam window shows (ie, the three angles I have simultaneously so that they don't have to watch each clip individually).

Now, I know I can resize the individual clips to fit them all into the window, but is there a easier/faster way to do this? I'm already cringing at the render time (the clips are about 45 minutes each for the one interview).

Any advice would help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Possible to export the multicam window?
on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:58:48 pm

[bryantstanton] "Now, I know I can resize the individual clips to fit them all into the window,"

That's what you'll have to do.

[bryantstanton] " but is there a easier/faster way to do this?"

Nope. Because it doesn't appear that way on the timeline, or as a clip. FCP is showing you all three angles at the same time, and only one of them is the active angle. It cannot export that look unless you build it on the timeline by resizing and such.

[bryantstanton] " I'm already cringing at the render time (the clips are about 45 minutes each for the one interview)."

Say to him, "Sure I can do this...anything you want. It'll take a little time, so I will have to bill extra for this work, but it is totally doable."

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Possible to export the multicam window?
on Mar 27, 2013 at 7:39:39 pm

What I would do is to use the screen recording feature of quicktime. you cna set it to captuer just around the area of the window with the multicam on it. You could also use apple facetime if the client also has that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]