I'm using FCPv6 and have three clips on one timeline that I needed to adjust using the motion tool to align them. It looked good but I wanted to enlarge them as one clip so I nested them together. Now when I use the motion tool to enlarge them together as one clip, the third clip seems to have a life of its own and remain the same size. Any clue?
Thanks very much. Say, while I have you "on the phone" I was able to nest three clips and slightly enlarge them as one clip for my purposes. Now, about TYPE, when I make the "type" selection at the bottom of the viewer, "SAMPLE TEXT" does not show up in the viewer. I've done this before but this time can't seem to make it happen.
If you can suggest what I may be doing wrong, again thanks in advance.
I only find two things are a little wonky about nesting...
Sometimes changes don't take effect if a nest has been rendered, and then changes are made. IOW, it doesn't realize there have been changes to the nest and keeps using the render file. You can force a rerender by unrendering the nest by changing it's opacity and then changing it back. Once unrendered, it will see the changes.
The other thing that gets lost is the connection to the original nested sequence. When you nest something, it creates a sequence in the bin/browser. It will remain linked to that sequence. UNLESS you copy or duplicate the nest in any way. Then, the duplicate nest lives all on it's own, with no referring sequence in the browser. So if you have a sequence that you're versioning as you go along, it's best to duplicate the sequence, and make the duplicate the backup and keep using the same original sequence.
I just did a project for a client that had a 4000x2250 nest that contained 30 cropped nests within it creating a mosaic Each of those 30 nests were a single shot or still image. We did this so we could change out the media easily and add or remove shots to each of the cropped elements.
Playback was rt when you changed the render settings to 33% for the main sequence. But we did get a few general errors trying to render full quality. I had to pull out the "render in rgb" trick and the whole 90sec sequence rendered in a matter of minutes (vs. hours for 10bit YUV). Looked pretty much the same.