FORUMS: list search recent posts

1024x576 to 720x576

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisca Vargas
1024x576 to 720x576
on Mar 26, 2013 at 9:07:38 pm

I'm going a bit crazy trying to find a solution to my problem!

I prepare short films for broadcasts in France. I usually get betacams, but sometimes TGA and .mov files which i bother to transform into 720x576 (16:9) Appleprores(HQ) files with the use of quicktime. Normally there is no problem, i can easily import those prores files into Final Cut pro and get them all prepped and ready for broadcast.

However I've been getting 1024x576 files and in the process, the files end up with tiny black sidebars visible on the waveform monitor. I tried many things....and it turned into a real nightmare. The same goes for a few HD files I've been getting.

Anybody has any suggestions as to what would be the quickest way to import those files without having to apply any manual crops and or resizing?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: 1024x576 to 720x576
on Mar 27, 2013 at 3:01:14 am

[Francisca Vargas] "However I've been getting 1024x576 files and in the process, the files end up with tiny black sidebars visible on the waveform monitor. I tried many things....and it turned into a real nightmare. The same goes for a few HD files I've been getting."
Nobody gonna watch the film on your waveform monitor, and anyway the sides of the picture are cropped by the TV sets on broadcasting.
You may try to change the picture "Aperture" (QT Player > Clip Properties > Presentation > Conform Aperture to..
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]