FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 1080 50i (from sony pmw-ex1) for use on youtube?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Paterson
Converting 1080 50i (from sony pmw-ex1) for use on youtube?
on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:01:00 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me briefly as I've bitten of more than I can chew here. It's not that there isn't a lot of information on the internet about this, it's just that there is TOO much and I'm in over my head.

I shot some footage using a hired (yes, I am a newbie) Sony PMW-EX1 for my father's goddawful tribute band. From the meagre research I've done on the internet I'm rapidly learning that thismight have been a schoolboy error and that to maintain best quality I should have shot it in progressive if I want it uploaded/viewed on youtube. Is this accurate?

Am I right in thinking I need to deinterlace on Final Cut, and will this lose me a large amount of quality? I viewed a clip from the untouched BPAV master folder using vlc player and it looked and sounded awful (i.e. the actual footage & sound in general was awful, not just the sound of my father trying to be a musician.). I've been told by someone that I could 'let' youtube auto-de interlace but that this will result in worse quality than doing it on FC or similar.

Please help x

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Converting 1080 50i (from sony pmw-ex1) for use on youtube?
on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:20:40 pm

Capture and edit normally...full res. When it comes time to compress for web distribution, that's when the deinterlace comes into play. Use the YouTube preset in Compressor.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]