FORUMS: list search recent posts

transcoding to apple prores422 problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
transcoding to apple prores422 problem
on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:18:41 pm

Hi,

I edited most of my video that was shot on Canon 5d without first transcoding the clips. So halfway through the edit, I decided to transcode the clips to apple prores 422. Then I changed the sequence settings to reflect Apple prores 422 and reconnected all the clips on my timeline to their corresponding prores files.
But the problem I am having now is that between alot of the clips on the timeline a 1-frame black gap has been introduced. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this would happen?
Alot of work went into this edit. Please help, thanks!

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
Re: transcoding to apple prores422 problem
on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:48:43 pm

Your original h264 sequence and your new prores sequence, are the frame rates the same? Sounds like you went from 2997 to 2398 on accident.

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Mar 24, 2013 at 8:22:12 pm

Hi Spencer, it seems like that would be the case. However, the original footage is in 23.98. And when i check my sequence settings, it shows the timebase as 23.98 as well. So in that respect it should line up, no?

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Mar 24, 2013 at 11:06:48 pm

Yes should be okay in that case. What about the actual footage, when you check the original camera raw and the new prores, they're both 23.98 or was the camera raw 2997?

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Mar 25, 2013 at 3:51:45 am

Yes they are both 23.98, raw as well.
What else could possibly cause this insertion of a blank frame between clips?

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
on Mar 25, 2013 at 5:04:58 am

Very strange. I've definitely had this happen before when I copy and paste a 2997 sequence in a 2398, but if your frame rate has been consistent throughout I really don't know!

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Mar 25, 2013 at 3:31:55 pm

OK thanks for troubleshooting this with me Spencer, i reposted the question, hopefully someone will be able to identify the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]