FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to scale/resize multiple objects in a sequence?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matty Smith
How to scale/resize multiple objects in a sequence?
on Mar 22, 2013 at 4:19:07 am

Hopefully this makes sense: I've got several PNG images layered in a sequence, and I'm trying to see if there's any way to resize them all at once (ideally, using the wireframe) together. I'd like to copy all of the images into a different sequence to create a closer "angle". I can't just copy and paste attributes or just use the scale percentage in the motion tab because they're all various sizes and have been already resized to fit together (basically, the original PNGs aren't fitted together).

Is there any way to do this, akin to grouping layers in PhotoShop so I can just click and drag the size of all of them together?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to scale/resize multiple objects in a sequence?
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:57:22 pm

Use photoshop. For each still, create a separate photoshop document. Save as PNG's with alpha channel and import into FCP. Done.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 22, 2013 at 4:35:59 pm

OR...size one up by adjusting scale and position. Copy the clip, then paste attributes on all the other clips.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Mar 23, 2013 at 1:37:21 pm

I would only add to Dave's comment that you can save this as a batch process command. So after creating the actions needed to resize, you can apply to all clips in a folder.

Return to posts index

Matty Smith
on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:39:08 pm

So the answer's "no" when it comes to doing it how I described? The stills are all timed out in the one sequence already, so I'm trying to find a way where I can copy and paste them all from another sequence so the timing is all the same.

Or is there an easy way to replace all the stills with the resized versions quickly? It's the same two stills switching back and forth a LOT, so it would need to be a quick easy way to do a mass replacement.

And as I said, I can't copy and paste the attributes because the stills are different sizes and the relative scale isn't the same.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:49:30 pm

Sorry, FCP simply wasn't the best tool for the job.

Sometimes you have to think ahead before you plunge in, y'know?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:06:47 pm

OH, so you used the stills in an SD sequence, for example, and now you want to copy and paste them into an HD sequence...and just scale them all up but keep the same moves...just one easy step?

Nope...sorry. Gotta manually adjust each and every one. I've been down that road many times. offline/online editing with loads of stills. Which is why I prefer they do the moves in After Effects or Motion, render them out in full HD, and use those in the SD sequence. Scaling QT up is a one click process.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matty Smith
on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:46:13 pm

Okay cool, thanks guys. I knew it wasn't the best approach to things but I'm doing some things on the fly and wanted to see if there was a way.

Appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]