FORUMS: list search recent posts

3-Way Color Corrector Not Behaving Normally

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sina Ghi
3-Way Color Corrector Not Behaving Normally
on Mar 21, 2013 at 2:24:23 am

Hi there !

I always use FCP's 3-way color corrector on my Pro Res footage (shot with a Canon 5D DSLR), I choose the Black, then the White & then manually play around with the Mids until it makes sense.

On my iMac everything still works perfect, but even since I formatted my MacBook Pro, whenever I click the Black or the White it seems to be too extreme, for example I click on something that is absolutely black in the canvas, and then my footage becomes green-ish, or orange-ish. I have tried clicking on the same exact spot of the same footage on my iMac, and it makes sense, there's only a slight change in color, that's the way it should be.

I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong, as before the format, I had the same results on both the iMac and MacBook.

I know that for best results broadcast monitors are suggested, but I've been working like this forever and have been satisfied, it just doesn't make sense that recently the 3-way correcter is so OFF.

Please advise me,
Many thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: 3-Way Color Corrector Not Behaving Normally
on Mar 21, 2013 at 1:18:57 pm

[Sina Ghi] "I know that for best results broadcast monitors are suggested, but I've been working like this forever and have been satisfied, it just doesn't make sense that recently the 3-way correcter is so OFF."

Don't expect perfect results.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 3-Way Color Corrector Not Behaving Normally
on Mar 21, 2013 at 6:15:07 pm

Trash your preferences. That's the first place to start.

PREFERENCE MANAGER from digitalrebellion.com is free, and does that for you. They are buried in various locations in the system.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]