FORUMS: list search recent posts

SOS! Imported Jpegs to too large a format in viewer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Thompson
SOS! Imported Jpegs to too large a format in viewer
on Mar 20, 2013 at 8:17:50 pm

I'm working in FCP 6.06. I have high rez jpegs that i am importing to a timeline for a photo montage. When I open the imported jpeg they are natively too large in the viewer. I chose Fit to Window and the size percentages change with each image. I'm importing them into a 23.98 timeline.

Is there a pre-set I need to change or what?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

LD Thompson

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: SOS! Imported Jpegs to too large a format in viewer
on Mar 20, 2013 at 9:05:28 pm

I'm sorry...you've lost me. I have no idea what you are describing. Here's the workflow for doing moves on stills in FCP:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ross_shane/movement_on_stills.php

When you add the still to the timeline, it scales to fit the timeline. Then you double-click on that still to open it in the viewer to make scale and position adjustments...it won't be larger than the window unless you adjust the scale to be so.

Are you using the method I describe in the tutorial? It doesn't sound like it. I'm not sure what you are doing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lance Thompson
Re: SOS! Imported Jpegs to too large a format in viewer
on Mar 20, 2013 at 9:37:58 pm

Shane -

Thanks for your reply. I know it's mysterious. It was baffling to me. I had worked on a previous timeline and was doing motion tests on some stills. The next time I opened FCP and double clicked on an clip (a jpeg) what I was looking at in the viewer was an extreme c/u of a portion of the jpeg.

I've sort of got that figured out (sort of!) and now am trying to determine if I should request all of these stills in png format instead of jpeg as when I apply motion there is some pixelation and artifacts.

Again, many thanks. I did watch the tutorial and found it immensely beneficial to the overall project.

LD Thompson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]