FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MTS to .MOV - Canon HDR-CX160

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Fahle
.MTS to .MOV - Canon HDR-CX160
on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:19:37 am

Hello - I've read comments on this topic from Rafael and many others here, but my issue seems unique from the many threads I have read. I have used Log and Transfer for MTS files on an ACVHD Canon HDR-CX160 camera until very recently. As of two days ago, Final Cut will not accept these files, providing this message that many others on this forum have seen and described: "Private" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media."

I have tried L&T from media card directly into my Mac Book Pro, and have tried the USB cable. When I could not figure out the file structure issue, I reformatted the SD card -- assuming it would return to whatever the accepted file structure or wrapper is for the MTS files. It did not. I have tried L&T on every subdirectory level, to no avail. I will succumb to purchasing ClipWrap if I must, but I'm still stymied as to why I was able to transfer from the camera earlier, but not now.

One last, probably important factor: For a couple of days prior to not importing at all, L&T would recognize files on the internal memory only, but not the SD card.

Any ideas? Confused.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: .MTS to .MOV - Canon HDR-CX160
on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:48:00 pm

I'd stop battling and get ClipWrap2. It'll make your life easier.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]