FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Anamorphic 720p Sequence Dimensions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Burgess
Red Anamorphic 720p Sequence Dimensions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:42:16 am

Hi

I'm editing a short film shot on RED Epic in anamorphic. I'm offline in FCP using 720p 16x9 ProRes Proxy files.

I created an anamorphic sequence preset but when I drag in the files they don't resize correctly and end up pillar boxed. If I take out the clip, untick 16:9 Anamorphic in the sequence settings, drag the clip back in the reselect 16:9 Anamorphic then it correctly adjusts it. But every time I add a new clip into the sequence it's pillar boxed.

Has anyone come across this before?

Any help would be great!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Red Anamorphic 720p Sequence Dimensions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:55:58 am

Anamorphic and 16x9 i not exactly the same.
Anamorphic is a technique of distorting a picture to achieve an aspect ratio.

So, if you are working with 1280x720 HD stuff, there is nothing Anamorphic on your workflow.
Your footage must show up on the Browser as 1280x720 Squared pixels and you have to edit on a sequence with the same settings. The Anamorphic option on the browser and Sequence Settings must be unchecked.
rafael

Return to posts index

Scott Burgess
Re: Red Anamorphic 720p Sequence Dimensions
on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:14:11 am

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for post. I know they are not the same thing, the Proxy footage I have I am treating LIKE anamorphic footage as it's going from 5K ANA (4:3) to 4K WS delivery with a 16:9 offline edit.

Like I said, this temporary work around seems to do the trick but I thought there might be another way have sequence settings interpret the footage correctly.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]