FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multilingual video production

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Hansen
Multilingual video production
on Mar 18, 2013 at 5:55:03 pm

As a one man corporate video department, I've been assigned the task of producing dozens of videos for an international client.

The client needs the videos in many different languages, more than 20 to be exact- including Korean, Czech, German, Hindi, etc.

How do I efficiently produce these videos in so many languages?

Do I do one in English and subtitle the rest using a transcription service?

Do I have a service record audio in each language and I edit them in?

I'll be making several (10-12+) videos per month until further notice so I need to establish a process

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Multilingual video production
on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:20:26 pm

I say: farm this out to experts: you make the master, they handle the language captioning and voice work. Based on your staffing and workload, this is the only thing that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Multilingual video production
on Mar 19, 2013 at 1:59:36 am

Hi Randy,

I used to do this exact same thing as a one man video department for a large global company. IIt's very complicated doing this yourself. The best solution is as Mark said farm tthis work out to a company that knows how to translate videos into all the languages you need. The key is adapting the scripts properly so they fit the timing of your videos. Then you can decide if you want subtitles or voices. It's tough to do this yourself if you don't understand the languages.

I can help you with this. We work with many companies to translate their videos for them. You can look at my website for more information. Here's the link:

http://www.ballmediainnovations.com/BMI-Video-Production-Foreign-Language-T...

I've been a member of the Cow for many many years, and I'd be happy to help you.

Regards,

Greg Ball

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]