FORUMS: list search recent posts

time lapse video with conan 60d raw images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Sorkin
time lapse video with conan 60d raw images
on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:36:02 pm

hi, would like to get some help from you guys. I've started a project, and for the first time i want to do a time lapse scene. I've shot with my canon 60D 350 images in RAW, and I can't import them to my final cut 7.

what options do I have except batch converting my images to jpeg and losing quality?

help and advice will be much appreciated/

Return to posts index

Erick Wilczynski
Re: time lapse video with conan 60d raw images
on Mar 16, 2013 at 8:33:33 pm

After effects is the best way to handle timelapses. But your resolution is 4-5k with those raw images. Which I'm sure you won't be outputting to. Edit the raws in Lightroom or photoshop then export them as PNGs with the long edge at 1920. (Assuming you're editing in 1920x1080.)

Lightroom>FCP is an easy workflow. If you want to ramp your exposure of the images you can use LRTimelapse.

-E
-vimeo.com/36013051 (reel)
-RambozMediaGroup.com (production house)

Return to posts index

Alex Sorkin
on Mar 16, 2013 at 9:05:58 pm

thanks Erick.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 17, 2013 at 3:59:41 am

I second Erick.
Just to add something: FC prefers PNG or TIFF better than JPEG,; mostly if you are working with a lot of stills.
rafael

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:23:06 am

Scale the finals to close to what size you actually need them: if you keep them too large, FCP will bog down as you add more and more.

Photoshop can also batch-convert images with a simple script and transcode them to tif for your sequence.
I think QT pro also can, but maybe not until you first convert from your "barbarian" native format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]