FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting in HD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ana Álvarez
Exporting in HD
on Mar 16, 2013 at 4:22:49 pm

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry for my spelling, English is not my first language.

I'm quite new in the editing world, and when you read my message you'll realize how true is that.

So I'm trying to export a video. To capture the images I used a Canon 60D and I've been working on files that I converted to apple pro res 422, 25 fps.

At first I used (and now I know it was quite absurd) the pro res codec and I ended up with a 12 gb file. Good quality of image but impossible to upload anywhere.

After trying the apple pro res I used H.264 and I ended up with a 300 or so mb but I don't really know how to configurate so it gets the best quality of image and I'm not sure if there's any other way I could do it and get a better quality.

I use Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. I also have compressor (but I cannot figure out how to really make it work well)

If any of you knows how to get the best quality (or use compressor to reduce a 12 gb file to less than 2gb without losing a lot of quality) it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Ana

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Exporting in HD
on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:21:18 pm

Hi Ana,
As you can imagine, the higher the data rate, the better the quality you can keep, but beside setting the data rate, there are two things you must do:
- Make Multipass compression.
- Set always Key-frames: AUTO.

About he data rate (I guess you are working with 1920x1080 stuff) I think that from 15Mbps (15.000 Kbps) up you get a decent quality. With 35/40Mbps you will get Blu-ray like quality.
rafael

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Exporting in HD
on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:46:57 pm

Vimeo has a good compression help section. Select the program you want to export from on their website and they will walk you through the settings. Their settings work for pretty much any video sharing website....it's probably the easiest place to start.

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]