FORUMS: list search recent posts

Limiting color correction by area not just by 'color'

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jules Desmond
Limiting color correction by area not just by 'color'
on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:11:31 pm

Am using FCP 7 3-way color correction and isolating skin to bump up skin tones. Unfortunately in one paricular sequence, it is proving near impossible to limit the correction to just the subject's skin - other elements of the frame seemingly have identical luma/chroma etc... making the skin tone correction causes these other areas to macroblock.

I realy just want limit the 'color limit' to the area of the frame containing the person.

I've searched a lot, and seems like maybe this can be done in Color, but before i go there (deadline, not sure i have time to look into color for the first time, no matter how similar!) does anyone know if this can be done in FCP7?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Limiting color correction by area not just by 'color'
on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:43:36 pm

Yes. Layer the shot...put the exact same shot above the other in the timeline. Use the Garbage matte to limit the area you want to effect. This will cut out that area...and you can change that area...but since you can now see through to the clip below...THAT clip will be unchanged.

But yes, Color allows you do do this with a power window. Colorista will do that too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jules Desmond
Re: Limiting color correction by area not just by 'color'
on Mar 15, 2013 at 7:00:38 pm

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]