FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making one area of the footage dark and the other light

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay James
Making one area of the footage dark and the other light
on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:06:40 pm

Hello

could someone help me please, I have just recently shot a conference but want to lighten up the frame with audience and speakers in it but keep the screen with slides on it dark so not to blow it out -
I would be most grateful for any assistance with this

Thanks in advance

Jay

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Making one area of the footage dark and the other light
on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:39:20 pm

Programs like Color and Resolve are good at that. One option in FCP is to duplicate the clip and place it above the other. Add a mask so you only see the audience and then color correct the two clips separately.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Making one area of the footage dark and the other light
on Mar 15, 2013 at 2:03:13 pm

What Stephen said.

One other way to attack it is to never mind the projection; correct the exposure for the room, then replace the projection screen images from a copy of the original Powerpoint and corner-pin the replacement slides into the same dimensions as the screen, which has the advantage of greatly improving the readability of the images over what was originally projected and shot, plus, you have individual control of the image brightness there.

The assumptions there are that your un-obstructed shots with the projection are locked-off and always the same size and proportion, otherwise it may become too much work to keep adjusting the image proportions.

And of course it assumes you've GOT the powerpoint originals on file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]