FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the Best

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matta Roushdy
What is the Best
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:47:58 pm

Dear all, I need help in choosing the screen for video editing and motion graphics, i'm using FCP and Adobe after effects and combustion , i have 2 computer the first one with apple screen 27 inch
so i need for the second unit but more cheeper than apple screen and which one can i buy it
Plazma or LCD or LED. Thank you for your opinions in advance :)

Matta Roushdy

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: What is the Best
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:57:46 pm

E.G. the Dell UltraSharp U2711

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:27:41 pm

Do you want a video monitor or another computer screen? If you just want another computer screen to put bins on to give you more real estate on the iMac, then pretty much any will do. I use an old 20" Acer from 2007. But for video output, you need a real monitor for color correction. I use a Flanders Scientific. They're about $2500 for a 22". And that's a great deal. Sony makes an inexpensive 22" that doesn't get very good reviews for about a grand. Many say it's soft. But if you don't care about SDI input and color correctness, then grab yourself something down at Costco or Sam's. When I first started HD I just had a cheap Vizio. It was surprisingly accurate, but after 2 years the colors started to oversaturate. It's the bedroom TV now.

Return to posts index

Matta Roushdy
on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:39:47 pm

Thanks for the replies, need second monitor but need to be accurate screen colors as much as u can

Matta Roushdy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:15:52 am

What does that mean? Accurate video colors? Go for the Flanders Scientific LM-2140W. $2500 or so. What kind of device / card do you have to output? If you have thunderbolt the cheapest option is the blackmagic ultrastudio mini monitor.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 15, 2013 at 2:03:05 am

Yeap.
Have a look to the Dell.
rafael

Return to posts index

Ellie Kahn
Re: What is the Best monitor
on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:00:28 am

I've discovered that both my computer monitor and old t.v. sets are not accurate when viewing my projects (went to a friend's house, where she has big, high def t.v.)

the biggest concern was that my final credit roll (white text on black) looked multi-colorful and shimmering on my monitor and t.v. but did not look that way on hers. So now I can't trust that what I'm seeing at home is accurate.

So, I need a new monitor that will at least show me what's really there... but needs to be around $500. Is there such a thing?

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15:58 am

It depends how much you are depending on accuracy. I just got 2 Dell's U2410.
Very good screens with IPS. They are a bit pricey (around 400.-), if it doesn't have to be that accurate, there is also the successor of that screen - I believe 2412 or 2413. Quit a bit cheaper and still very good.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Ellie Kahn
on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:42:38 pm

thanks for the suggestion --!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved