FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips are either saying "Missing Camera" or are blank

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Osborn
Clips are either saying "Missing Camera" or are blank
on Mar 14, 2013 at 2:11:30 pm

I'm having a bit of an issue in trying to sort out a bit of a messy project made by my colleague. He's started an edit, his laptop got full, I moved the footage to an XHD and now FCP is throwing a wobbler. I'm trying to recover this without having to redo the entire edit.

Background:
My colleague was making a first run of an edit, with footage coming from 3 cameras (3 different types of camera - SONY EX1, NEX7 and D5). I'm not sure how he imported them, but they ended up in his Event Browser with some as QT movs and some as No Data.

Problem:
In the timeline some of the media has a red "Missing Camera" sign, and some show no image at all (see attached screenshot).

I was hoping it was simply a case of relinking the files to their destination on the XHD but when I've tried to do that I get a dialogue box saying the files are incompatible. They are the same files.

I've tried taking all the files and putting them through Compressor to make ProRes Proxy versions to test with, so that at least I could be sure I had a standard file type but again it's saying the files are incompatible.

I'm sure I've been barking up the wrong tree, so could someone point me in the right direction?

Happy to provide more info, of course. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Clips are either saying "Missing Camera" or are blank
on Mar 14, 2013 at 5:05:01 pm

Wrong FCP forum...this is for the legacy versions. YOu want FCP-X:

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Osborn