FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding Proress 4444 to small file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Noneofyourbusiness
Transcoding Proress 4444 to small file
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:41:43 am

Hi,

I am editing in FCP7 with a prores 4444 timeline. I have the visual done and I wanted to export a small sized file that can be sent to the sound designer and the music composer. I normally work with 422 (HQ) and I just make a h.264 file and set the slider to just below high and use acc sound and the files are small but still look good and I use these settings to post stuff on vimeo as well and they look absolutely fine...but with this project they come out looking like old youtube videos. I have done it through file>export>quicktime conversion and i have tried using compressor.

Could anyone suggested a how to export a smaller files that can easily be uploaded and download but still look good?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Spencer Averick
Re: Transcoding Proress 4444 to small file
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:53:13 am

Export a full res Quicktime Movie first, then bring it into Compressor and add the H.264 Webcast setting to it, then adjust these settings:
-Geometry>Frame Size 960x540
-Encoder>Video Settings>Frame Rate set to "current"
-Encoder>Video Settings>Restrict Data Rate to 2000 or even 1000 is fine if the source material is good.

Return to posts index

Mike Noneofyourbusiness
on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:26:47 am

Thank you so much for replying, it is very much appreciated, I will try this asap.
Cheers.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:59:32 pm

I just have to say...I like your last name.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]