FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline to Timeline Editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin McConnell
Timeline to Timeline Editing
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:47:05 pm

Hello community,

I'm running into a time-slog wall in a project I'm editing. I'm working with two synced lines of video and 8+ lines of audio. The only current way to keep all the audio available for individual editing is to pull clips directly from the timeline - if I export the footage into something I can watch in the viewer window, then all the video is compressed into two audio lines, and I lose this control. However, having to razor out individual portions of video, with all these audio clips, from four hour source material is taking FOREVER. Additionally, if one line of audio is missed in the copy-paste move over, I have to do that section all over again. Does anyone know if you can edit directly timeline to timeline - setting in and out points in one timeline, and then pulling the footage into another timeline for editing? Or at least if you can lock all the lines together so I can razor/copy-paste them in one chunk, instead of having to individually cut them and control+select them to pull them over? Any help here would be a life saver!!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Timeline to Timeline Editing
on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:00:28 pm

You can increase the amount of audio tracks that will play in real time. Go to Final Cut Pro, User Preferences and then change the Real-time Audio mixing from 8 to what ever. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Erin McConnell
on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:39:05 am

Thanks, but that isn't the issue I'm afraid. I can listen to all the lines of audio. What I need to be able to do is to pull small sections of this 8 lines of audio plus one video over to another timeline for editing. I'd like to find a way to do it that doesn't require me using the razor tool to cut out small sections. I was hoping maybe there was a way to set in and out points and then pull the footage from one timeline to another, as you'd pull an in-and-out marked clip from the viewer to a timeline. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:59:43 am

Mark IN, Mark Out...Copy...paste. Works fine...as long as tracks are not locked.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Erin McConnell
on Apr 4, 2013 at 8:28:51 pm

Thank you! This worked well and saved a ton of time!

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:03:36 pm

How I would do it. Have both timelines open and switch between them. Select your pieces using in and out point with all tracks selected. Hit copy, go to other sequence and hit paste. Now take out the video you dont want anymore.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]