FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create graphic slates using FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Miller
How to create graphic slates using FCP
on Mar 13, 2013 at 7:37:38 pm

Hello,

I have a client on a limited budget that needs an opening and closing slate for her video. She can't afford for me to use AfterEffects to create a nice graphic slate so I want to use a background and text right in FCP.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

Thanks,

Rachel

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How to create graphic slates using FCP
on Mar 13, 2013 at 8:45:23 pm

First off, there are awesome free templates inApple Motion, ready to go for this jub, just add your own text and replace he photos if you want to: very customizable.

Can you give a name for the video or at least the subject matter? There are millions of things you can do in the timeline for free with a little imagination: you have to whittle down the field a little if you want useful suggestions.

Do you really mean a slate, or a main title for the show? Slates are only seen by engineers loading up the show for broadcast. Titles are the start of the actual program. Which did you need help on?

Return to posts index

Rachel Miller
on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:12:38 pm

Thank you for the reply. I mean titles for the beginning of the video and the end of the video. The video is displaying a sales coach's sales presentation. I was informed that idvd is also good.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:55:31 pm

Sure there's templates in iDVD as well. They tend to be less business-oriented and more towards home movies though.

You should check out the templates in Apple Motion. Additional ones are at motionVFX.com, they do all the work for you, just drop your media selections into the image wells and render it out.

Return to posts index

Tom Jefferson
on May 8, 2014 at 9:13:58 pm

Sorry to interject but I had to thank you for the main title correction because for me a slate will always remain, well, a slate. And a title card is a title card etc. Old school, good editor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]