FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot re-install Final Cut SP - with original start up discs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Boland
Cannot re-install Final Cut SP - with original start up discs
on Mar 12, 2013 at 1:55:20 am

After uninstalling FCP and Compressor with digitalrebellion cannot reinstall, After I put in my 1st FCP start up disc I get - fix alias with dialog boxes find or delete – then error code- 8060.

It was highly recommended that doing the uninstalls would get compressor back up and running.

Now I have nothing to edit with!

I really need to get FCP back up and running on my Mac Pro 10.6.8
2X2GHz Dual Core- Intel Xeon
Please help!
THNX!

Gary Boland

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Cannot re-install Final Cut SP - with original start up discs
on Mar 12, 2013 at 2:33:59 am

Try repair permissions on your system drive before installing and also after installing. Any software run - install or otherwise is likely to upset the delicate permissions on Mac OS.

Also find the person who highly recommended and ask them to help. I hope you tried Digital Rebellions preferences manager first to fix compressor. Personally I have never had to reinstall FCP except for major OS updates where I start again with a new drive. It is a good idea to image or clone your drive before any major software meddling so you can at least go back. Time Machine from what I have heard is not a way to go back and have a happy FCP system but you could try that.

Return to posts index

Gary Boland
on Mar 12, 2013 at 3:01:55 am

Im not sure how to find repair permission on my systems drive. Its worth trying though.

Recently I made the move to an intel Mac pro. So yes it’s a new start up drive
Since then Compressor stopped working with my FCP . After reviewing many forum notes, I decided to give DR a try. The DR's compressor fix it did not work. So I tried s step two using DR’s FCP delete download and reinstall. Yikes!

Gary Boland

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 12, 2013 at 3:18:49 am

Disk Utility has the permissions repair. Look in your OS utilities folder or just search in Finder. It is basic maintenance during all software installs and part of regular permissions and system maintenance for any working Mac.

If you are starting again perhaps it is worth a complete new start - erase drive, reinstall OS. There may be something screwy with the OS install in the first place. If you have little other software on the system it may be worth considering that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]