FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro - Quicktime Export Quirk

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Rowson
Final Cut Pro - Quicktime Export Quirk
on Mar 8, 2013 at 3:59:23 pm

I'm new on here so I apologise if I'm breaking any etiquette in posting this, I've had a quick search through the forums but not found this issue yet.

I've just finished editing a 10 minute drama and added some title sequences interspersed with the opening scene. However after export both Quicktime and VLC Player refuse to play these titles, instead Quicktime goes to black and then plays the video scenes whilst VLC player goes to the main menu and then back to the video scenes - it basically drops out every time the title scenes pop up.

Bizarely it plays fine in the mac preview just not in Quicktime or VLC.

My footage is all in pro res, and I'm editing using FCP7 - I'm on Quicktime 10.2 as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Final Cut Pro - Quicktime Export Quirk
on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:00:15 pm

Export a self-contained QT from FCP and use Compressor to mske the file for delivery. If thst doesn't work we'll need more info.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Rowson
on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:06:15 pm

Hi thanks for this - that's just what I'm trying now....buts it's taking an age on my macbook so was trying to multitask some other suggestions whilst I waited.

I've been looking at some of the sequence settings and was toying with changing some of the RGB yUV settings.

Anyway - I'll keep you posted with how I get on, bound to be something simple that I've overlooked in my rush to get the job started.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 8, 2013 at 6:07:08 pm

[Daniel Rowson] "...it's taking an age on my macbook so was trying to multitask some other suggestions whilst I waited."

Um, that's not really the best thing to do if you're on a laptop. Bite the bullet and just do the export with one application running.

Go read a book or a magazine while you wait.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 9, 2013 at 6:15:02 am

[Daniel Rowson] "My footage is all in pro res, and I'm editing using FCP7 - I'm on Quicktime 10.2 as well."
You need to install QT.7. too.
rafael

Return to posts index

Daniel Rowson
on Mar 9, 2013 at 9:45:00 am

It would seem Standalone QT files work but not the reference files? I'm thinking my render files are causing problems.

I had to urgently export a Quicktime file for upload to vimeo and this worked but I then sent my project to Colour and did some quick grading before sending it back to FCP7 and it didnt work.

I also noticed, that although I thought I had set all scratch disks to my clients external HDD my Macbook HDD is rattling up in usage, but I cant find where.

Finally, I noticed that if I delete all my render files before export and then export without rendering it "seems" to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]