FORUMS: list search recent posts

Images Move Position after Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Fuller
Images Move Position after Export
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:50:23 pm

Hey there everyone, got a quick questions to pick your brains...

I am on FCP6, and am exporting out a 720p HD sequence via "Quicktime Movie" option, and leaving the video settings as they are and clicking the "self-contained" box (I think this may be the culprit...)

Anyhow, I have a photo in the top left corner of the video, and underneath said photo is another black square acting as a border. Now, everything looks just fine in FCP and when I play the exported version in Quicktime 7...BUT when I go to playback the movie in the finder quick-view (spacebar) or the new Quicktime, the image is not centered with the border anymore. It looks as if it has moved over a few pixels. I've attached a photo for reference. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

correct:

incorrect:

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Images Move Position after Export
on Mar 7, 2013 at 7:47:43 pm

Open it in some other app other than QT-X. Like QT7, VLC Player...see what it looks like.

QT-X is unfinished and a PoS really.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Images Move Position after Export
on Mar 7, 2013 at 7:55:54 pm

Quickview and QTX show it with a little overscan. That's all. The picture hasn't moved, you're just seeing it cropped 10 pixels or so on all sides. You can expect 7 to do that too if someone has their prefs set that way. Another reason not to jam stuff up against the edge. Even in web world.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]