FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving audio keyframes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jones
Moving audio keyframes
on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:19:34 pm

Is there a way to move audio keyframes left and right without accidentally shifting them up or down? Specifically, I have some openings in my dialogue and the music raises in volume to fill the dialogue gaps. In some cases, the increased volume upcuts the dialogue or the volume goes down to early, before the dialogue picks up. So I want to move the keyframes left or right to compensate. Maybe I have a heavy hand, but I find sometimes I always slip when moving the KF and end up moving it up or down. When you move a video clip, you can hold the SHIFT key to keep the clip from moving left or right, same with moving video using the wireframe in the canvas. Surely there's a keyboard key for preventing audio keyframes from moving up or down?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Moving audio keyframes
on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:56:53 pm

If you double-click the audio track in question, it's a lot easier to make audio level keyframe changes in the edit window.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Moving audio keyframes
on Mar 8, 2013 at 1:24:21 pm

making your track sizes bigger can help,
use Shift T to cycle though the 4 sizes.

the viewer window gives you an even bigger area to work as Dave says.

some times anther than moving a keyframe i will just add a new one we her i would move it to, then delete the old one.
i ad the new key-frame with Option Apple K, and delta the lot by option clicking on it.

believe it or not there IS a tiny amount of stickiness to the keyframes, that is supposed to keep them from slipping around too much as you move them
holding SHIFT actually makes them LESS sticky.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]