FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phone Voice Overs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bugera
Phone Voice Overs
on Mar 5, 2013 at 9:25:33 pm

We have FCP 7 running on a MBP 17" with Snow Leopard.

We're going to need to do a number of voice overs with people over the phone. Was wondering if there is an existing way of connecting phone into the MBP and turning the phone voice into voice over voice, or if not, is there a piece of equipment we can buy?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Phone Voice Overs
on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:56:28 pm

A smart phone can record phone conversations with the proper app. Since I doubt you're going for pristine aural quality here, I bet such a thing would be adequate.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:00:23 pm

Although if you want pristine oral quality...stuff that great VO is made of...you don't want to do this. Anything over a phone line will sound like it's over a phone line. Either they record it with a good mic on their end and send you the file, or you go to an audio facility that has the capability of recording remote VO. Typically that still involves a good mic and computer at the location of the person doing the VO>

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 6, 2013 at 2:37:52 am

Actually, using good mics, a free call via skype will give you WAY better voice quality than a standard phone line. The other way to go is use the phone just for monitoring, but use a recorder at the talent side and then send the recording as a file by by FTP or overnight delivery.

In the old days, you set up an ISDN line for this kind of thing, and some pro VO talent I guess still do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]