FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ken Burns, moving text and moving graphics are all jittery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julia Morizawa
Ken Burns, moving text and moving graphics are all jittery
on Mar 5, 2013 at 7:47:12 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to find any other posts (here or anywhere online) of people having the exact same problem, so any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

My project (both in FCP7 playback AND after being exported to a HD Quicktime file and a DVD) is extremely jittery (to the point of not being able to read text) BUT ONLY in places where we've applied the Ken Burns effect, or have added motion to text or graphics (i.e. having a PNG graphic "push in" or "fly in" across the screen).

I have seen many posts here and in other websites regarding people having jitter issues with their shot video footage, but this is NOT the case with us. It is only happening to still graphics/images that we've imported and with text that we created in FC. For example, we have a scene where one of our actors is basically monologing (SP?), so to make it more interesting, we have little Clipart graphics flying in and out of frame, on top of the video footage. After rendering and exporting, the video footage of the actor looks normal/fine, but the Clipart graphics are very jittery while moving. Once the Clipart graphics stop in frame for a beat, they are normal/fine. So this only happens w/ movement. This is also happening w/ places where we've used the Ken Burns effect - the graphic or image is fine until it starts moving.

Initially we thought this was a FCP playback issue and it would go away once we exported and de-interlaced. But it did not, and further research has informed me that de-interlacing an entire project is not recommended to begin with.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Ken Burns, moving text and moving graphics are all jittery
on Mar 6, 2013 at 9:03:36 pm

First things first, what are your project settings?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Julia Morizawa
Re: Ken Burns, moving text and moving graphics are all jittery
on Mar 8, 2013 at 6:32:05 pm

Hi! Project settings are:

Frame: 1920x1080 (HDTV 1080i (16:9))
Pixel aspect ratio: Square
Anamorphic 16:9 is unchecked
Field Dominance: Upper (odd)
Editing timeline: 29.97

Anything else I should have included there?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]