FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio 3 frames out of sync...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Gotti
Audio 3 frames out of sync...
on Mar 4, 2013 at 11:32:35 am

Hello,

I am currently working on a video which features both a soundtrack and audio from interview footage

Soundtrack: AIF/16-bit/41khz
Interview footage: Apple Pro Res 422/48khz/16-bit

Whenever I playback, the video is about 3 frames behind the audio (consistent throughout). This makes it very hard to fine-tune my edit... Both the soundtrack and the audio from the footage are out of sync...

I realise that I am not supposed to use 41khz on a 48 khz but aftre deleting the soundtrack, the audio from the interviews are still out of sync..

The thing is, when I go frame by frame, the video and audio are in sync... it is only when I playback that it's slightly off sync...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Audio 3 frames out of sync...
on Mar 4, 2013 at 2:05:19 pm

check your output devices in A/V settings
you could have a mis-match, which is causing the sync problem

if picture is being sent to an external device,
then audio should be too.
and vice-versa

nick

Return to posts index

Oscar Gotti
on Mar 4, 2013 at 2:58:40 pm

thanks bro you saved me big time

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:31:48 pm

In your control panels for the video card output settings there is (somewhere) a box for the frame offset for audio delay. Adjusting this may help, but only if the audio is not drifting further apart over time. It would be odd that that offset was changed by accident. And I should caution you that if this is the only project where you've ever had this trouble, the offset is probably not the right fix to apply but rather some re-importing with all the audio sample frequencies matched.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:52:46 pm

It is always worth converting audio to 48khz before editing and only using bit depth of 16 or 24 bit.

Lots of posts on this forum about sync, pops and export issues. FCP doesn't handle mixed sample rates or data compressed audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]