FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidental DELETE - PROJECT GONE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Zumbrum
Accidental DELETE - PROJECT GONE
on Mar 3, 2013 at 3:04:46 pm

I am crying. I deleted a completed project this morning from FCP 6.06. Then, I opened a recent project, that is almost complete, and all of my media is offline. Apparently, my capture scratch was named for the last project and was deleted with the entire project. Now, because I forgot to rename it with the new project, I can not locate any of the files!! I am hanging on to hope as my timeline and clips are still visible....BUT NO MEDIA!!!!! Is there anything at all that I can do?? This project is HUGE!!!!! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Accidental DELETE - PROJECT GONE
on Mar 3, 2013 at 3:53:54 pm

If you haven't yet emptied the trash your files should still be in there. If you have emptied the trash, and assuming the files have not yet been overwritten on your hard drive, you can use a data recovery program to recover them.

Just doing a quick Google search I found this one: http://www.wondershare.com/disk-utility/recover-trash-mac.html

I know nothing about that particular program but you should be able to find one that works for you.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Mar 3, 2013 at 9:52:24 pm

For the deleted FCP project, did you delete your autosave vault too? If you have emptied the trash disconnect the drive that held the deleted media immediately (if it was on your system drive stop using your computer)! The more you use the drive the greater the chances of overwriting your footage and not being able to get it back.

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Mar 4, 2013 at 6:04:04 pm

Adding to the replies already, a friend of a friend had a massive deletion recovered with Data Rescue 3 last weekend. I've never used it, but it worked to restore the entirety of a deleted card.

blog: kyleesportfolio.com/blog
twitter: @kyl33t
demo: kyleewall.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]