FORUMS: list search recent posts

During Multicam, preview toggles between timeline & switch interface, intermittently.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris trainor
During Multicam, preview toggles between timeline & switch interface, intermittently.
on Feb 28, 2013 at 4:45:11 am

I set up FCP7 to do multicam editing.

Have a project using Prores Proxy, with only 3 angles.

I have 3 tracks set up in FCP, I change the sync to OPEN. When I do this, one of 2 things will happen.

1) Either all the tracks will play in the preview window like it's supposed to but no audio (uncommon) or

2) the preview window will show me all of the tracks ready to be multicam edited, but it will immediately start to play, track V1 is at 100% in the preview window instead of keeping the multicam interface up (more common).

As soon as i stop it from playing, the preview window goes back to the multicam interface where all 4 video tracks are displayed.

I generally will close the project, reopen it, and problem 1 will occur. After messing with it, resetting the sync to open, etc, it will begin to to the 2nd reported problem.

I feel confident this is just some setting set incorrectly, but it's terribly frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

I have all media on a firewire external, all settings in FCP are set to low, playback parameters set to minimum, so I don't think it is a resource issue?

I scrubbed for over an hour in the forums, and I found someone with what sounded like a similar problem and it was written off as a fluke that magically started and stopped on it's own, but I don't know for sure if we're talking apples to apples.

I've done several multicam edits with no problem, I dont know what I could be doing incorrectly. I have followed instructions exactly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is the post I was referring to where he seems to be having a similar challenge:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1165128

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]